FEM Amsterdam Conference 2022 COVID Procedures
Summary & contact details
The Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) a part of DVV Media International, is committed to the safety of all staff and attendees at its events during this time. To support government strategies in preventing the spread of the virus COVID-19 we must ensure that all events operate as safely and as efficiently as possible in these difficult times.
We have created a document to let attendees know what procedures will be in place in conjunction with the venue and current government advice.
The information below outlines:
• The measures which will be put in place for attendee safety
• What attendees are required to do before the event
• What attendees are required to do during the event
These guidelines should be read and then the COVID-19 Attendee Form completed.
If any of the information is not clear please contact: Barbara Fertalova, Global Events & Operations Manager
In order to reduce the risk of infection as much as possible, each attendee must complete our COVID-19 Attendance Form and provide proof of a negative lateral flow/antigen test. This should be completed no more than 24 hours before the event. Staff based at the entrances of the event will be checking attendee e-tickets, confirming the Covid-19 attendee form has been received and proof of a negative test.
The COVID-19 Attendance Form can be found here: https://admin.evessio.com/admin/preview/1cc865a1-fa16-4672-b9f9-40192be34892/en/page/covid-19-attendee-form
Additionally we ask each attendee to follow the government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene procedures:
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands
• Do not touch your face if your hands are not clean
• Maintain social distancing where possible and be mindful of others
Hotel will be providing hand sanitizer stations and request that all attendees bring a face mask with them. Mask wearing at the event is optional, however we strongly recommend the attendees wearing one whilst interacting with staff at the event and whilst moving through crowded areas.
If at any time anyone during the event feels unwell, becomes symptomatic or discovers they have been in contact with someone who has been infected, they will be instructed to:
• Leave the event area immediately
• Inform the event operations team as soon as possible so appropriate action can be taken to reduce risk of any infection spreading If any attendee tests positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of the event then they must contact Barbara Fertalova, the FEM Global Event & Operations Manager by email at Barbara.Fertalova@forum-expat-management.com
Attendee actions Before arriving at the event, attendees must:
• Complete the COVID-19 Attendance Form - https://admin.evessio.com/admin/preview/1cc865a1-fa16-4672-b9f9-40192be34892/en/page/covid-19-attendee-form
• Complete a Lateral Flow (antigen/self-test) Test no more than 24 hours prior to the event and only attend if they receive a negative result
• Bring proof of a negative lateral flow test to be shown at the registration desk (the actual test or a photo with a date and test reference number)
Attendees cannot attend if they:
• Are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
• Have been told to self-isolate
• If you are adhering to quarantine rules having returned from a foreign country https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/travelling-outside-the-netherlands
• Have completed a lateral flow test and received a positive result
• Have not completed the COVID-19 Attendance Form
Hotel Okura actions
With regard to The Netherlands government’s confirmation of the lifting of all restrictions from March 2022, the hotel will continue to follow various COVID-safe protocols that are also widely adopted throughout the UK hospitality industry. T he 3 principles they continue to follow are:
• The hotel maintains a high level of enhanced hygiene protocols in all areas
• Deep cleaning and sanitisation of all public areas and event spaces will take place on a daily basis pre-occupation of the event space
• Increased cleaning protocols during the set-up, rehearsals and event including sanitisation of all high-touch points to include all handrails, doors handles and bathrooms
All public areas and events spaces have a high level of natural and mechanical air-conditioning with fresh air ventilation.
High traffic areas and touchpoints are sanitised frequently and regularly. Sanitising stations will be available at key locations. In line with current Government guidance, the hotel will continue to produce COVID safe risk assessments for all events. Additionally they will continue to train and communicate with their staff on individual and guests COVID safety.
Arriving at Hotel Okura
Upon arrival at the venue each attendee will:
• Have their registration confirmed
• Have COVID-19 Attendance Form checked
• Have proof of a negative lateral flow test checked
Those without an attendance form will not be admitted to the event. Those who have not completed a lateral flow test prior to the event will be made to do a test on site at the event.
Sanitisation stations will be available as attendees move through the venue and wearing of face masks whilst moving through crowded areas on route to the drinks reception or table will be encouraged but not mandatory.
Cloakrooms will be available for attendees to use however guests should avoid bringing overnight bags to help the venue minimise queues and crowding.
During the event
The hotel will continue to follow COVID-safe protocols during the event which are widely adopted throughout the Dutch hospitality industry.
• Encouraging guests to still wear face coverings while moving around the public areas of the hotel
• Hand sanitizing stations in the public areas of the hotel.
• Hotel staff to wear face coverings.
• Handwashing and personal hygiene is trained and strongly encouraged.
• Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all areas.
• Air conditioning in all areas with fresh air input and extract in the function suites.
• Hotel staff are encouraged to take lateral flow testing every 2 days and are temperature checked on a daily basis when arriving for work.
*Please note that hotel follos the official Dutch government regulations which can be amended before conference date.
As with all safety plans, for it to be effective we all need to be involved, engaged and work together to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Only by strictly following the plans and procedures put into place can we keep our family, friends and work colleagues safe from this virus.
A commitment by all attendees of this event is required to follow the documented procedures and to follow the simple requirements below:
• complete the COVID-19 attendance form
• complete a lateral flow test no more than 24 hours before the event and only attend if the result is negative
• maintain social distancing where possible
• use hand sanitisers and / or wash hands on entering the building and regularly in line with The Netherlands Government guidelines
• practice good hygiene standards
• do not come to the event if they are currently showing symptoms of the Covid-19 virus
• do not come to the event if they have recently returned from a country where they need to quarantine
• wear a mask in crowded areas
Further information Source:
The Netherlands Government
Documents: Coronavirus measures in brief | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Government.nl